The Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) is committed to protecting your personal information.
1. We have responsibility for personal information.
The Centre is responsible for the information it holds about you and has policies about the confidentiality of this information.
2. We are clear about why we collect information from you.
The Centre collects information about you so that we can provide you with the highest quality health care and services as well as meet our reporting and legal obligations.
3. We work in a team model where physicians, nurses, social workers, community workers and a variety of skilled staff are part of providing high quality services to you and the community.
Your information may be shared amoung staff of our health cetre who are involved in your care in order to be able to help you most effectively.
4. We ask for your consent (agreement) to collect, use, and share your personal information.
Every client/patient (or his/her legally authorized representative) will sign an agreement about how we use your personal information.
5. We will limit the collection of personal information.
The Centre will only collect information that is necessary to provide quality service to you and to our community and to meet our legal and funding obligations.
6. We use personal information only for the purposes you have agreed to unless the use or sharing is permitted or required by law.
The Centre will not use your personal information for purposes other than care or services to you, evaluation, or managing and planning of services unless you agree, or unless we are required by law.
7. We take steps to safeguard your personal information.
The Centre will protect your information and ensure its privacy.
8. You can ask about our privacy policies and practices.
A staff person can provide you with information about our policies and practices related to the management of personal information if you ask (and we will respond within a reasonable period of time).
9. You have a right to know what personal information we hold about you and you can ask to see your records.
You have the right to request access to the information we have about you. You can request access to your information by simply writing us a note and signing it. The Centre will follow-up on your request.
10. We respond to concerns and questions.
If you have questions or concerns about the way the Centre is carrying out these principles please contact our Privacy Officer, Sheila Braidek at 613-962-0000.