People who access services at BQWCHC have both rights and responsibilities.
Clients have the right to:
- Have their privacy respected by all staff, volunteers, students and board members;
- Understand the implications, benefits and costs of the intervention proposed by the provider before consenting as long as the client is physically and mentally capable of providing this consent;
- Receive professional care;
- Issue a complaint regarding their care and know their complaint will be heard by the Executive Director and/or board of directors;
- Access their own files in the presence of a health care provider;
- Correct factual errors in the file;
- Have their information kept confidential;
- Know of all available services at the Centre;
- Refuse treatment and be informed of the consequences;
- Know when they are receiving services from a student and have the right to refuse services from students.
We also ask that you
- Treat everyone – staff and other clients - with respect
- Let us know in advance if you need to cancel an appointment
- Observe BQWCHC policies
If you would like more information or to file a complaint, please ask to speak with a Manager or send us an email.